📖 Important Current affairs for All Upcoming Exams #English
1) The Telangana government launched the ‘Medicines from the Sky’ project under which drugs and vaccines will be delivered using drones, a first of its kind initiative in all of Asia. ▪️Telangana :- ➨CM - Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao ➨Amrabad Tiger Reserve ➨Kawal Tiger Reserve
2) Lawyer Tejus Chauhan has been appointed Regional Director for South Asia in the International Court of Arbitration of the Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). ➨ Tejus Chauhan will be the second Indian appointed to the position and will be based in Singapore. ➨The ICC Court was established in 1923 and has helped resolve difficulties in international commercial and business disputes to support trade and investment.
3) Former IPS officer Iqbal Singh Lalpura, who joined BJP in 2012, has been chosen as chairman of National Commission for Minorities. ➨Lalpura, during his tenure as IPS officer, served as SSP Amritsar, SSP Tarantaran, and Additional inspector general CID Amritsar. ➨Lalpura has written nearly 14 books on Sikh philosophy and history, such as ‘Japji Sahib ek vichaar’, Gurbaani ek vichaar’, and ‘Raj Karega Khalsa’.
4) The Thamirabarani civilisation in Tamil Nadu is at least 3,200 years old, reveals carbon dating done on organic material retrieved from archeological excavations in Sivakalai, Thoothukudi district. ➨ In the backdrop of these findings, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin announced a Rs 15 crore museum in Thirunelveli to exhibit findings from the excavations. ➨ The museum will be called Porunai, an ancient name for the Thamirabarani river.
5) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Sardardham Bhavan in Gujarat's Ahmedabad and performed 'bhoomi pujan' of Sardardham Phase-II Kanya Chhatralaya (girls' hostel) through video conferencing. ➨ Sardardham has been working towards educational and social transformation, upliftment of the weaker sections of society and providing employment opportunities to the youth. ▪️Gujarat:- ➨ CM :- Bhupendra Patel ➨Governor :- Acharya Devvrat ➨Nageshwar Temple ➨Somnath Temple
6) Government has exempted 165 District Mineral Foundation (DMF) from income tax payment. Earlier, 151 DMF trusts were exempted from tax which has been increased to 165.
7) Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar released the book 'Haryana Environment and Pollution Code', compiled by former IAS officer (retired) and famous poet Dheera Khandelwal.
8) Niti Aayog's Atal Innovation Mission in collaboration with ISRO and CBSE has launched 'Space Challenge' for school students across India. ➨This challenge has been designed for all the school students, mentors and teachers across the country who not only are associated with schools having Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) labs but for all the non-ATL schools as well.
9) Hyderabad-based Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) has obtained a patent for making an automatic machine for the production of conical-shaped fireworks or ''Anaar''.
10) Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan released the NIRF Rankings 2021. The Rankings have been released under various categories, including, Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, Overall, Research etc. ➨IIT Madras has topped the Rankings in the overall category, while IISc Bengaluru has come second, which is followed by IIT Bombay at the third place.
11) Delhi Power Minister Satyendar Jain on inaugurated the city's first urban microgrid system set up at Shivalik in Malviya Nagar that will save 115 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually. ➨The microgrid (Solar + Battery) system is set up under the Indo-German Solar Partnership Project (IGSEP).
12) President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stones for Uttar Pradesh National Law University and the new building complex of Allahabad High Court.